4.27.2012

A Couple New Portfolio Pieces

So the day before the SCBWI Western Washington Conference I realized that pretty much all of my recent illustrations have to do with current book projects, which made my portfolio pretty uninteresting in my opinion. I wanted to have a few illos in there just for fun and so did a couple new ones.

I really like these cats/cat. I suppose I was being a bit of a copycat myself because I got the idea fromSuzy Lee's book Mirror.


This piece of the princess and the dragon playing football is inspired by my afternoons at Kids Club. Often when I am drawing with the kids at the program, I receive requests to draw princesses and dragons. One day when a couple of the girls were wanting me to draw for them I was watching another instructor and some kids playing football. It reminded me how much I loved books that featured sports as a kid. princesses + dragons + football = new portfolio piece!

- Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment