1.19.2012

Muffins + Snow Days

A threat of snow loomed over Seattle early this week but we had our doubts. Well, we sure were wrong! It is now Thursday and we are still home-bound. I'm loving the extra down time. Ben works from home, so it doesn't affect his schedule too much. I've been baking for the added benefit of yummy treats, warmth, and the lovely smell. My latest exploration was chocolate chip muffins (recipe below).


Chocolate Chip Muffins

Preheat oven to 400F

Beat together until light and fluffy:
6 Tbs butter
1 Cup sugar

Mix in:
2 large eggs
2/3 Cup yogurt (I used Brown Cow low-fat vanilla) 
5 Tbs milk

Next, sift in and hand stir together until just mixed:
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking Soda

Mix in chocolate chips (I broke up a bar (and grated a bit) of Theo chocolate for mine)

Bake for 25 minutes or until ready.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Snowbound and muffins (with chocolate)! I'm coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're enjoying day off #2 here in Seattle as well! It's seriously so lovely seeing all the snow. Enjoy your snow day!

    ReplyDelete